Sunday 7 October 2012

X Factor: live show one, my favourites

So, the first X Factor live show was on last night and even though you get a bit of X Factor with your adverts rather than a few adverts with your X Factor, and the fact there was multiple unnecessary interruptions (why the hell did One Direction need to stand on stage looking lifeless and unenthusiastic for five minutes?!) my eyes were glued to the screen.

I really thought the 'wild card' place would have gone to Amy Mottram so I was quite shocked when they revealed that it had been won by Christopher Maloney, I know he has a good voice but I don't think he has very much potential and I can't see him selling that many records.

I also didn't understand why the lines were opened before any of the contestants had even sang, it's a singing competition, not a popularity contest, so why should people be able to vote for someone before they've heard them sing?!

Nonetheless, I particularly enjoyed a few performances; my personal favourite contestant is 24 year old James Arthur, I absolutely loved his first audition when he did an acoustic version of Tulisa's 'Young', and I also loved his performance last night of Kelly Clarkson's 'What Doesn't Kill You' (below). I like that he has a different style to most of the other acts in this year's competition (and all the years before it, too) but I feel like rather than allowing him to be himself, they're trying to make him into a bit of a Professor Green, and I'm not sure if I like that or not yet (although it does make me fancy him a little).


Ella Henderson is the one I'm predicting will win the competition, her voice is amazing and the power of it is amazing considering she's only 16 years of age. She sang her own song 'Midnight Train To Georgia'  in her first audition and as a song she wrote herself, it's beautiful. The tone to her voice is so surprising and I could actually listen to her for hours. She sang Take That's 'Rule The World' last night (below) and Gary Barlow said "there's nothing I hate more than when someone else sings my own song ten times better than I do", I think he approved. I did too, she completely stole the show. 


I'd like to think Rylan will be voted off this week, but I know he won't because the 'joke' acts always have staying power (Wagner, Jedward etc.) so I think it will be Louis who loses one of his acts this week... what do you think? Who was your favourite?




1 comment:

  1. Hiya,

    I totally agree with everything you wrote, love James but i too am on the fence with the whole rapping PG thing! i love Ella and think she will win.

    Txx

    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete