Monday 4 February 2013

Products that aren't worth the hype


I am not, nor have I ever claimed to be, an expert when it comes to make-up but I thought I'd do a post a bit different to what I'm used to seeing. I know that a lot of people look at reviews in the blogging world and take them as gospel but from experience, something that works wonders for someone else might be useless to you. This post centres around products which are hugely raved about here in blogger land, that I don't feel were necessarily worth it. It works both ways though, so something that I don't like might be one of your holy grail products, this is just my opinon.



one - Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, RRP: £4.19. I don't think I have ever read a negative review of this, everyone and their mother seems to use it and they all seem to love it... and I know everyone says "well, you get what you pay for" but with such strong positive reviews, I was expecting the Earth. I don't like it. I find that it's too thick and it feels heavy on my skin. It cracks easily too because it's so cakey. I also didn't find the range of shades had enough variety, Lasting Perfection Concealer can be bought in fair, light, medium or deep with very obvious colour differences between the four, I find it hard to understand how every single girl is expected to be able to match one of these to her skin.








two - Nars 'Laguna' Bronzing Powder, RRP: £26.00. It almost pains me that I had to include this here, simply because I wanted it for AGES and when I received it as a Christmas gift, I was over the moon. I'm not saying I dislike it, because I don't but I just don't understand why everyone is so crazy about it. The packaging is pretty and the shade is gorgeous but it's not really any different to any other bronzer out there, which could probably be picked up for half the price! Everyone seems to love this, but I just like it. 


three - Real Techniques Stippling Brush, RRP: £11.99. I'm generally fan of Real Techniques brushes, but I just don't get on with this one. The bristles are super soft and it looks elegant and pretty but I just don't understand it! I've tried it with foundation, blusher, bronzer, in fact almost everything in my make up bag but I just don't like the way it applies anything to my face. 


I don't like writing 'negative' reviews but I just feel that there isn't enough variety out there with some products in the blogging/YouTube world and I thought it'd be nice to have a view from 'the other side'. I'm not saying people shouldn't love these because I know there are hundreds of you who do!


Are there any products that you believe get more recognition than they deserve?!



*pictures in this post are not my own and were sourced from Google*




No comments:

Post a Comment